Columbia Women's & Junior Girl's City Golf Championship
JUNE 19 & 20, 2018
Notice to Competitors
FORMAT: Individual stroke play
Championship & Junior Girls Division: Green Tees
City Division: Red Tees
Senior Division: Magenta Tees
1. USGA Rules will govern all play.
2. Out of Bounds: Defined by inside points, at ground level, of white stakes and fence post. Rule 27-1.
3. Water hazards: Identified by yellow stakes; the margin of the hazard is defined by yellow lines. Rule 26-1.
4. Lateral water hazards: Identified by red stakes; the margin of the hazard is defined by red lines. Rule 26-1.
5. Ground Under Repair: Defined by white lines. Rule 25-1.
6. Embedded ball though the green. Rule 25-2.
7. All yardage markers are measured to the center of the green.
8. In case of inclement weather, the Committee will notify all competitors if play is being suspended. Players should proceed under Rule 6-8b. If players are between the play of two holes, they shall not resume play until the Committee has ordered a resumption of play. If they are in the process of playing a hole, they may continue provided they do so without delay. If they choose to continue, they shall discontinue either before or immediately after completing the hole, and shall not thereafter resume play until the Committee has ordered a resumption of play.
SPECIAL CONTESTS: (First day only)
Closest to the Pin - Holes #4, #7, #13, & #17
Closest to the line - Hole #3
OVERALL CHAMPIONS: The overall champion will be the player with the lowest total gross 36 hole score from the Championship Division. The Junior Girls Division overall champion will be the player with the lowest total gross 36 hole score. The City and Senior Division Winners will be the player from each division with the lowest total gross 36 hole score.
TIES: Ties for all divisions will be broken by sudden-death play-off, starting on hole # 1. All other ties will be determined starting with the total scores on the back 9 of the final day's score. If still tied, then total scores on the last 3 holes. If still tied, then by blind draw. All ties broken by scores on the last day of play only.
The designated Rules Committee shall decide Points not covered by the Rules of Golf
SCORE CARDS: MUST BE SIGNED, ATTESTED AND RETURNED to the official scoring area immediately following the completion of the player's round.